Tallahatchie County has been re-certiﬁed as an Excel by 5 Community- supporting young children and families so all children will be ready to learn when they start school!
Join us for a Week of Celebration Activities!
Monday, October 24th – Community
- Eastside: Charleston Elementary School & Eva Covington Head Start Center will participate in a Book Walk at the CARE Building.
- Westside (Glendora, MS): West Tallahatchie Head Start Center Pre-K students will participate in a Book Walk at the Center.
- Westside (Sunmer, MS): R. H. Bearden Elementary School Kindergarten & grade students will participate in a Book Walk at the elementary school.
Tuesday, October 25th – Early Care and Education
Details to come for special activities at each childcare center.
Wednesday, October 26th – Family and Parent Support
12pm-2pm – The Mississippi Department of Education, Office of Early Childhood will have hands-on activities for parents and educators on “The Importance of Play using Developmentally Appropriate Practices in Early Childhood.” Participants will learn about how play promotes the development of strong language, vocabulary, and understanding the world around them.
Eva Covington Head Start Center
1181 Teasdale Rd
Charleston, MS 38921
Registration is required. Email Kim Winters at email@example.com to sign up. Limited to 25 participants.
Thursday, October 27th – Health and Safety
Community Fun Walk! Join members of the community to promote health, wellness and safety. The Fun kicks off at 12pm.
- Eastside: James C. Kennedy Wellness Center, Tallahatchie General Hospital, 141 Dr. T.T. Lewis Circle, Charleston, MS
- Westside: Emmett Till Interpretive Center, 158 N Court Street Sumner, MS