Insights to help transition your kids from summer into a successful fall
It’s that time again! As the summer quickly comes to a close, I am excited about gearing up for success in the new school year!
As parents, our initial excitement about a new school year may turn stressful as we prepare our children to have a strong start.
I want to encourage you to have a plan in place to reduce the stress of preparation and make the experience as positive as possible for our children.
I would like to share with you a few things I have done over the years to make the transition from summer to fall a success.
- Put routines in place for you and your children one week before school starts.
- Talk to your child about how they are feeling and any anxieties they may have.
- Read fun books about the start of the new school year.
- Once the school year begins, place positive notes in your child’s book bag or lunch box. Your child will learn to anticipate these positive affirmations, which is bound to make their day better.
- As the school year progresses, focus on the positive – even when unexpected negative things happen.
- Make a habit of speaking encouraging words to your child and remind them of how successful they will be and how proud you are of them.
Our children’s success begins with meaningful planning and lots of support along the way. Together, I know we will make this school year one of growth and achievement for all Tallahatchie children. So, let’s get ready, and get set to have the best year yet!
And, on behalf of the Tallahatchie Early Learning Community, we look forward to supporting you in having an amazingly successful school year!