The 2023 Week of the Young Child kicks off Monday, April 3rd, and we are super excited to celebrate with a full week of fun, educational classroom activities!
Music is a part of every day in our Pre-K classrooms. We love to sing songs, move our bodies to music and play instruments in our classroom.
- Dance party in the classrooms
- Making maracas out of recycled materials
- Music instructors will lead students in some Jack Hartman songs as they transition to kindergarten!
Cooking with children enhances fine motor skills, teaches life skills, and so much more.
- Create a list of favorite foods
- Create chart of “Our Favorite Foods” from magazine cut outs and drawings
- Make fruit parfait cones during snack time, including preparation (washing, rinsing and peeling their own fruit)
Work Together Wednesday
Teaching children to work together fosters cooperation and builds a positive classroom culture. Children see that they accomplish tasks more easily and they experience a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- Team building games
- Building structures together that would withstand various types of (teacher made) weather
Art is all around us! Creativity is so special – encouraging, and allowing children to be creative is a wonderful thing. We’ll watch the magic unfold!
- Individual photos to take and print
- Create self portraits using face shapes, paper hair, wiggle eyes and markers